NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
This notice describes how medical and personal information about patients may be used and disclosed, and how physicians and/or patients can get access to this information.
Mobilis Health, LLC is required to maintain the privacy of patients' protected health information (PHI) in accordance with federal and state statutes, rules, standards and regulations. Patients have the right to:
- Request restrictions on the use and disclosure of their PHI
- Receive confidential communications concerning their medical condition and treatment
- Inspect and copy their PHI
- Amend or submit corrections to their PHI
- Receive an accounting of how and to whom their PHI has been disclosed
- Uses and Disclosures of PHI:
- Payment: PHI may be used to seek payment from health plans, from other sources of coverage such as an automobile insurer, or from credit card companies that a patient may use to pay for services. (For example, a patients
- Findings/Reports: PHI may be released to physicians and their staff members. For example, the results of a patient's cardiac monitoring test will be available to physicians, and their staff (nurses, clerical & billing staff). Patients should request information regarding test results directly from their ordering or referring physician.
- Health care operations: PHI may be used as necessary to support the day-to-day activities and management of Mobilis Health Monitoring, Inc. For example, information on the services provided may be used to support budgeting and financial reporting and activities, and to evaluate and promote quality.
- Law enforcement: PHI may be disclosed to law enforcement agencies to support government audits and inspections, to facilitate law-enforcement investigations, and to comply with government mandated reporting.
- Public health reporting: PHI may be disclosed to public health agencies as required by law.
Other uses and disclosures of PHI will be referred to patients' ordering or referring physicians.
- Additional Uses of PHI:
- Mobilis will use PHI to schedule routine patient checks, for follow-up calls, and for test compliance. In addition, Mobilis may use PHI to follow-up on delinquent balances and equipment returns.
Right to Revise Privacy Practices:
MOBILIS reserves the right to amend or modify these privacy policies and practices as permitted or required by federal and state laws and regulations. Upon request, MOBILIS will provide patients with the most recent privacy policies and practices. The revised policies and practices will be applied to all PHI maintained by MOBILIS.
Request to Inspect PHI Patients and ordering physicians may generally inspect or copy PHI that is maintained by MOBILIS. As permitted by federal regulation, MOBILIS requires that requests to inspect or copy PHI be submitted in writing. You may obtain a form to request access to PHI by contacting our office. Requests will be reviewed and will generally be approved unless there are legal or medical reasons to deny the request.
If you would like to ask a question or submit a comment or complaint about our privacy practices, please write to:
201 Penn Center Blvd
Pittsburgh, Pa. 15132